Thursday, May 14, 2009

I Like Making Lists

This Week's Top 10:

1) My wallet fell out of my pocket on the way to class. It was later found by the cleaning lady behind a trashcan in the bathroom near the ATM (which I don't usually use) at the BMC. All of my money was gone and my cards were rearranged. Luckily I had canceled the cards but that has created a bit of a difficulty getting money at the moment.

2) I got my haircut. So did Stephan. For some reason, that 10% of the Swedish population which doesn't speak English are all hairdressers. But I came prepared with picture so it worked out...better than for Stephan who now has a nice army-style cut because the Turkish guy cutting his hair kept convincing him to let him cut it shorter and shorter.



3) I got an A in Physical Chem! but Organic Synthesis is driving me nuts because reactions keep failing. Today I generated 4 litres of waste to collect 4 grams of useful material.



4) Stephan and I hosted a barbecue and mini golf event for Eklundshof. We made chicken, brats, and veggies on the grill and it was delicious! I also beat him in putt-putt ;)



5) I finished Basic Swedish on Wednesday. Now I have a certificate proving that "jag kan prata lite svenska".

6) Also on Wednesday I had an awesome homemade Indian dinner prepared by a nice couple who just moved here from New Dehli

7) On Tuesday Stephan and I attended Landskap at Kalmar (Spring Elections) which was followed by a nice dinner and a not so nice dessert. The dessert was like rice pudding without rice and way way too much gingar. It burned down in our stomaches and made us sick for the rest of the night :(

8) Our 2 month anniversary was yesterday and he got me something really nice ;)

9) There was a bike race equivalent to one leg of the Tour de France through Uppsala last Saturday and part of the course was right down the street from my building.



10) This picture on Flickr was short-listed to be included in an online guide about Stockholm but I didn't see the message soon enough to accept being in the running



p.s.
I have travel plans for the long weekend next week! I'm going camping on the High Coast :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Analytics