Sunday, June 7, 2009

Grattis Nationaldagen!



The semester is finally over. After a report/presentation and an exam, I am on summer vacation officially! Hopefully I did well on the exam, I was one of the last ones to finish because some of the questions were near impossible while others I could have answered back in high school. At least my presentation and probably my report was the best of the class (I was the only one who followed all the directions for the presentation). To celebrate being done with exams, Stephan and I finally got around to using the gift certificate to Domtrappkällaren and had a delicious meal [I had lamb fillet and he had reindeer] with some really good white wine and awesome deserts [rhubarb pie and chocolate mousse with grilled peach] followed by watching the Fifth Element. Yesterday Kalmar choir had their end-of-the-year concert where they sang their repertoire from the semester followed by fika prepared by the choir. Stephan made a yummy variation of cornbread using cocoa and blueberries/strawberries. In the evening we had a "barbecue" with some of the other Eklunds people but it was rainy so we cooked/ate inside. After dinner we watched the World Cup qualifier Sweden vs. Denmark. The game was just embarrassing. Sweden was playing at home, on Nationaldagen (Swedish national day), had 6 times as many shots on goal (about 18 to 4), and managed to lose 0-1. Today we are having fika with some friends who are leaving in the morning. Tomorrow is another barbeque with Felix (German friend from Swedish class who is studying at IUPUI in the fall). Wednesday is a dinner party for the rest of our friends as a good-bye party. Thursday we move Stephan to his new apartment and then head out for our road trip on the High Coast :)



I've uploaded photos from the last 2 weeks as well as some things that Stephan took on his phone (namely of things where we couldn't have cameras or when we didn't have a camera with us)

2 comments:

  1. what a way to go out with a bang! what's your official go-home date?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My official move out date is the 18th but I leave the country/come home on the 19th

    ReplyDelete

Analytics