Saturday, January 16, 2010

Weihnachtsfest in Deutschland

I've already been home for a week and before I put this off any further, I'm going to give a quick recap of my winter vacation to visit Stephan in Germany. Here's the highlights:

1) My Christmas present: tickets to see Rammstein live in concert. It was absolutely amazing! The special effects were fantastic (they set 2 people on fire, breathed fire, had giant fire spewing angel wings, crowd surfed on a raft again, oh and did I mention fire?) plus the music was even better live with thousands of native German speakers singing along. Here's a clip of one of my favorite songs from the tour (this is in Lisbon, not Berlin, but it's basically the same):


2) Seeing a lot of Stephan's family and friends over the course of several Christmas celebrations, eating tons of yummy traditional German food, learning a bit of the language, playing Werewolves, singing for our presents, Stollen, etc.



3) Going to a Christmas market. It's like the State Fair but German and in the winter and without the animals...

4) Going to the Pergamon Museum and seeing all the cool Greek mythological artifacts

5) Seeing Avatar

6) His present: a 2 1/2 day trip to Prague...we got to visit a beautiful city and see most of the sights despite it being freezing! Also as an added bonus we were able to catch up with a bunch of our friends from Uppsala who live in the city/were also there to visit.

7) Spending 3 weeks with my knuddellöwe!

So now it's back to school...one more semester left before graduation and grad school starts! I've already gotten accepted to Wisconsin and I fly out to Santa Cruz at the end of the month to interview! Stay tuned for more updates as they come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Analytics