Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Apologies

I know some of you have been waiting and waiting for my next update and it has been a long time coming. I apologize but I have been extremely busy and have gotten little sleep over the past week...I should really go to bed now, but I also really want to get this updated. So as compensation, you get a 3 for 1 deal. Enjoy!


The past week:

- Got back from vacation with my family and needed to finish my lab report for Physical Chemistry. No problem, except that my lab partner was late returning from London and wasn't as prepared as I had originally thought so I had to miss Swedish class to finish the project. Luckily, the professor really enjoyed the presentation and the Ph.D. student is going to give us constructive criticism on our written reports before the final grade.

- Started my organic synthesis class. I am in class literally 40 hours a week (8-5, Monday - Friday) because it is almost entirely lab based. I like that I can work by myself at my own pace but the other students in my class are all Chinese and don't talk to me and don't really understand what is going on because they don't really speak English well and most of them haven't taken any organic chem in several years but they all want to pretend like they really know what they are doing.

-The weather has been crazy! On Saturday it was 10 C (the warmest since I've been here) in Stockholm and sunny. Yesterday it was alternating sunny and white-out blizzard conditions around 0 C, literally in 20 minute intervals.

-Saw the Sisters of Mercy live in concert in Stockholm on Saturday. OMG the concert was so good! I <3 this band. Check them out here:


The Sisters of Mercy [1987] Lucretia My Reflection



-Made Easter vacation plans and have found a serious source of joy in my life (more on this in the next post)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Analytics