Thursday, March 26, 2009

Stephan, Mien Löwe Deutsch

For those of you who are my Facebook friend, you probably have noticed my status change. If you haven't then congratulations, you are actually getting work done instead of stalking me. If you aren't on Facebook, then you're hearing this for the first time. Originally I decided to not say anything about this matter on this blog, but on second thought I decided this will be a major event in my time here in Uppsala and in my life in general. Plus he makes me so happy I can't help but share :)

So in a nut-shell, I am dating Stephan, an exchange student from Berlin working on his Master's in particle physics. We met at the treasure hunt (see back in Febuary) and hit it off immediately. Some fika, a nice desert/bottle of white wine at Smaka, and many, many internet conversations later and here we are. He is a constant source of joy for me. Everytime I start to tell people about him, I start grinning from ear-to-ear so much that they comment on how happy he makes me. Without going in to too many details, I just want to try to express how different this relationship is compared to any of the others I have had previously. Firstly, we are both crazy about each other- we make a good team so the interactions are mutal and equitible. We can both be super silly and have fun together but we can also be really serous while easily talking about the hard stuff...like the ramifications of such a relationship (don't worry, we've discussed and are continuing to the discuss it, as adults). He is caring and thoughtful and sensitive and has a certain intuition that lets him read me and understand me so we tend to be thinking always on the same wavelength. If you really want to know all the ways he making me the happiest girl on Earth, feel free to message me and ask :)

I can't wait for the Easter vacation. Stephan and I are sharing the holiday (we have almost 2 weeks off of classes) together. Here is our rough itenirary:

Night of 4/5: Fly to Dublin
Spend 4/6 and 4/7 in Dublin
Fly to Oslo afternoon of 4/7
Spend 4/7 - 4/9 in Oslo
Fly to Berlin early 4/10 and surprise his parents with a visit for Easter *shh, don't tell them*
Fly to Milan 4/12
Take a train to Florence to visit Ben
Fly back to Sweden the night of 4/15


The destinations may seem strange at first, but we did this on purpose. I have always wanted to go to both Ireland and Italy and Stephan wants to see Oslo. The time frame was based on when we could get the cheapest flights and still be in Berlin for the Easter weekend to spend time with his parents. All in all, the transportation for the two of us combined will cost just over what I was orginially going to pay to visit Heather in Spain. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Analytics